Step 1 – Join VATSIM
- If you are currently not a member of VATSIM then you can sign up for an account at the VATSIM Registration Page. Ensure that you read all of the pages and instructions carefully.
- Under the preferred region field select the Americas region and the Canada division.
- After you complete your registration you receive an ID and password from VATSIM via email. When you have these two items, continue to step two.
Step 2 – Join VATCAN & Complete your S1 Exam
- You will need to join the VATCAN division. If you have not already joined, or skipped some steps from Step 1, click the following link to set your region: https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/regch.php. You may proceed to step 5 if you are already a part of VATCAN.
- You will now get your choice to select a region and division to join. To join VATCAN select Americas as your region.
- In the select a division drop down box, select Canada.
- Press Continue to set your selection.
- Follow the steps on https://vatcan.ca/How-to-Become-a-Controller (if you already have your S1 (or higher) rating, you may skip step 2 on this page.)
Step 3 – Join the Winnipeg FIR
- Login into VATCAN using your VATSIM CID and password.
- Click on My VATCAN, then on Transfer Request.
- In the New FIR drop-down, select Winnipeg FIR.
- Fill in your reasoning, and hit Submit.
- Your transfer will be reviewed by our FIR staff within 1-2 weeks.
Winnipeg is currently welcome visiting applications for Canadian-based, active controllers holding a Student 2 (S2) rating or higher, as well as all international active controllers who hold a rating of Controller (C1) or above! See below for information on how to apply.
Winnipeg is always looking for controllers to visit our FIR. Whether it's for a change of scenery, to learn a new way of controlling, or just for fun, come visit Winnipeg!
Members who are interested in visiting are now asked to visit the VATCAN.ca website to apply for visiting status. Click below to be re-directed to the website to continue the application process.