Position Vacancy: Winnipeg FIR Webmaster
If you have experience with the web, Winnipeg may be looking for someone like you!
The Winnipeg FIR is currently seeking a webmaster. This job will mainly involve regular maintenance of the Winnipeg FIR website, as well as making upgrades when necessary. See further below for more details.
Reports to: FIR Chief, Deputy FIR Chief
Responsible For: Managing the Winnipeg FIR’s Web Services, as well as (but not limited to) the following:
- Implementing a new back and front-end structure for the Winnipeg website
- Maintaining an online presence on the network and in the Winnipeg Discord, VATCAN TeamSpeak and forum
- Developing, managing and overseeing the Winnipeg Discord, website and data services
- Responding quickly to website and data system needs
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for the operation and maintenance of the FIR web and data systems.
- Frequently checking and responding to emails in a timely matter
- Selecting assistants as required
- Other duties as assigned by the FIR Chief, Deputy FIR Chief or Chief Instructor
Minimum Requirements: The successful applicant should meet the following minimum standards:
- Be an active member of the network in good standing
- Be a member of Winnipeg, or willing to transfer upon selection
- Hold an S2 rating or higher
- Must be proficient with but not limited to; PHP, HTML, MySQL, CSS, etc.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Able to attend an interview
- Possession of a high degree of commitment and motivation
- Familiarity with APIs for other applications (Google, Twitter, etc.)
- Leadership, managerial, or supervisory experience
Applications should be submitted to the Winnipeg FIR Chief: n.power[at]vatcan.ca. Please include the following in your application:
Name, email address and CID
Examples of previous work (ex. GitHub)
Summary of previous experience with PHP, MySQL, or other related projects
Examples of any leadership, managerial, or supervisory experience (if applicable)
All applications will go through an initial evaluation between the FIR Chief and Deputy FIR Chief. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. All candidates will be notified if/when a selection is made.
This position will remain open until the right candidate is found!